Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Late night blog.

10.30 and we have only just eaten our tea! That might be something to do with the fact that I under estimated both distance and total ascent involved in today's ride. We have cycled 87miles and over two 450m passes. The descent to Inverness was excellent even though we had to opt for the busy A9 in the dark and rain. Mark managed to catch the sleeper train with just enough time to spare for a pint of guiness.

One more reason for our slow progress today was Mark and his four punctures! I managed to get a my only puncture just as I arrived at the hotel. Theres a job for the morning!

On my own tomorrow with another big day cycling to Helmsdale. I have been warned that it is hilly!

A couple of thank you notes . . . First to the chaps at bothy bikes for use of their bike wash and also to Paul's work coleague for this evenings accomodation in Inverness.

Legs holding up well but have wrinkly hands from a whole day riding in the rain.

So thanks to room service we have been fed.
Good night!

No comments: