Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back at my desk but I'll be back.

Well I never thought I'd be watching the action from the comfort of my desk but here I am. Thanks to Alison for putting us all up last night and consoling me after the others had departed.

I'm determined not to quit so I've booked a ticket to Fort William for Friday and have an option to cancel it if my knee is really no better by the end of tomorrow. I'm hoping that Ibulieve gel and ice packs will do the trick.

The team have just telephoned me from Ruthwell on the Solway coast. They are making good progress towards Dumfries today and beyond to Kendoon for the night. Paul Wedgwood has resisted all invitations to join them at the hostel for the evening and the full day ride tomorrow :-). The route is pretty flat until after Dumfries when there's an eventual climb of over 1000ft before dropping down to the hostel.

Think I might go and soak in a hot bath now!

Simon.

No comments: