Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's knee good, I can't continue.

Well I'm out! A 2 mile ride this afternoon was just too painful so I have no choice but to throw in the towel. But that's not the end of the matter as I still plan to complete the trip as soon as I am well enough. So I won't be collecting any off-line sponsorship money until I have reached John O'Groats. The trip was never supposed to be easy and I'm doing it not just for the challenge but for people that we have lost in the past year, for those lucky enough to survive and to to help raise money to ease the suffering of others in the future so it's a trip that must be completed.

To be continued . . . (hopefully either August or September).

Simon

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mate, I am gutted for you :o( But I admire your determination to finish the trip later in the year. Looks like we'll all have to put up with you going on about end to end possibilities for a little longer ;o)
Matt

paul.wedgwood said...

If you'd drawn that in more Impressionist style you could have had 'water(lilies) on the knee'!

Simon, your commitment and courage really is an example to us all. I hope the knee mends quickly and completely.

I shall inform the MSP for Orkney that you won't be there this time but that the islands should brace themselves for a second invasion later in the year...

Rob Ainsley said...

Si mate, your life attitude inspires a lot of us... no shit no irony. Terrible luck. But we know you'll come back and beat it somehow cos you ain't no quitter.

And while you've been having adventures, what have I, like most of us, been doing? Sat in an effing office pretending to work and listening to people drone on about what happened The Apprentice or BB last night. Argh! When that knee's back doing what it should, come up with another of your excellent schemes... I'm in whatever it is.

R

Simon said...

Rob, Will let you know when the Penrith to John O Groats caper is likely to happen. I really am dissappointed at not being able to continue and would have been back with them today had the leg improved. C'est la vie. Something to look forqward to later in the year . . . wonder if I will still qualify for a LEJOG T-Shirt?