Thursday, June 19, 2008

Early night

And an early start tomorrow. We're staying the night at the Lands End Youth Hostel. The journey down was mostly uneventful except for myself becoming trapped in the posh new toilet on the train.

We arrived at Penzance to be greeted by 28mph winds blowing from the South West and heavy rain. Mark and I did the British thing and sought santuary in the pub! After a good meal we battled the elements to arrive at the hostel an hour later. Forecast for tomorrow is a strong westerly which is good news. The hills down here are tough with full panniers . . . It's going to be a tough first day!

Lex wins the awad for the heaviest panniers! Allegedly they are full of dried fruit and bananas!

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nigel said...

Hi Guys! I'm just back from completing the End to End last Sunday so I know you're in for a great couple of weeks.

Yes, the first three days really *are* the most hilly by far.

I'll be watching your blog closely. Depending on the route you take, I may even recommend a few cafes...

May the wind be behind you!

Nigel

(Friend of Rob's: Mark may remember me from Whitby & Antalya)

http://niglejog.blogspot.com